Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wonderful people

This has been such an eventful 2- 3 weeks of my life! With the unsuspected news of cancer, the whirlwind of emotions which followed, God has kept me!

When David returned from fighting the Philistines, found his city burned and their families taken- he encouraged himself in the Lord! I had to do the exact same thing! And to share some of my encouragement with you. God healed Bro Wilson from cancer after praying for him, God healing Brittany of Asthma while preaching in Fulton MO, God healing Sis Kay T from chronic sinus problems in Traverse City not long ago. And how many times has God touched my body, my wife and kept the kids, he is a good God!

The scripture of David testifying to Saul about killing the bear and the lion, and his words are~ and this giant shall be as one of them, and I am speaking to this cancer, you shall be as one of them also. After David encouraged himself he went and captured back their wives, children, flocks and possessions. There are some things I am gonna capture back! Jesus said we will have life and life more abundantly, that is what I am believing for.

Some will not understand this kind of faith, but that is alright, just believe it with me, I am not a blab it and grab it kind of guy, but I believe in a God who has some promises to his people.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid
Though an host shall rise againist me, my heart shall not fear, though war shall rise againist me, in this will I be confident!

Thank you to all who have called and encouraged, to the people of Vredevoogd heating whom have taken up my concerns and lifted me up in prayer, your encouraging words to me as we have passed during work have truly given me strength, and thank you to all the friends whom have sent special words, called, emailed, facebooked, to the churches in which we have been involved, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, Traverse City, Denver, and Fairbanks AK for being close yet far and I feel your love deeply.

Surgery is scheduled for Thursday Nov 5. Dont know the exact time as yet, but will let all know ASAP.

Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment